From 22nd May to 9th June, All About Ipswich are sharing lots of events, treats, blogs and information about how you can make the most of an active lifestyle and the wellbeing opportunities in Ipswich as part of their wider ‘explore Ipswich and be healthy’ campaign.
The upcoming Bank Holiday Weekend is expecting to see warm weather making it the perfect opportunity to get out and be active. Starting at the Waterfront, why not embark on a scenic run to Christchurch park, finishing off with a fresh smoothie from Cult Cafe. Don’t dwell on it, do it! No matter how fast or slow you go, that smoothie will be worth it!
If you’re all about motivation in numbers, this could be your starting point in preparing yourself for the Great East Run which will be taking place in September. Sign up here!
But with all this in mind, Ipswich High Street online, brought to you by All About Ipswich, has all the sports fashion gear, essentials and inspiration you need. Check out the Sports & Leisure category and enjoy browsing from our featured retailers.
Below is just some of the many options we have picked out for you to point you in the right direction!
- This crop crew sweater (also in black) is an effortlessly cool number.
- If you’re a golfer, these Adidas Climacool golf shoes come highly recommended for those who need to keep their cool for a top performance!
- Coes have a fantastic range of sportswear. Click here for womenswear and here for menswear. We love these Fitness Faded Flower Tights!
- Whether you just want to splash around with friends or fancy channelling your energy into some serious strokes, make sure you hit the water with a good pair of goggles! You can find a large range of Arena goggles here. Like Fiona at Ipswich Central, you could always take the plunge and pluck up the courage for some open water swimming around Ipswich. Her blog is utterly convincing! Crown Pools is an equally fun alternative…
- Discover the art of endurance, take the saddle and embark on a cycle ride! Don’t underestimate importance of comfort. We have a range of cycle shorts for him and her right here! On Saturday 12th August, The Crafted Classique returns to Ipswich, check it out on the All About Ipswich blog to see how you can get involved.
- For the youngsters, discover the skatepark. Be brave and embrace the skateboard.
- With half term creeping around the corner, keep the kids entertained with a range of sports activities for your garden. Our choice? Invest in a badminton set for the garden.
- The Fitbit frenzy has our seal of approval! Track your steps, create fitness goals and much more. Investing in one of these has never made walking up the stairs look so good before!
- Finally, Yoga has many health benefits. Improve your strength, flexibility and breathing and give a yoga class a go. Check out this blog from Holistic Yoga Centre for further persuasion! You can book in a session too. There’s also lots of places to practice Yoga… Why not try a pilates class at Bodycare Plus, or a yoga session at DanceEast?